Good Food is a modern grocery & social enterprise prioritising local, organic and artisan foods.
We aim to inspire healthier communities by connecting people to real, local food. We employ responsibly, paying the London Living Wage; we engage with the local area positively and consider the environmental impact of everything we do.
Email Vicky: email@example.com with a CV and tell us about yourself and your current favourite recipe.
Shop Manager (SE26)
We are looking for a shop manager to run the shop, manage staff, as well as serve customers, including making hot drinks for take away. Manager duties include scheduling staff and ordering stock as well as shop duties including cash handling, restocking and merchandising retail food items as well as serving snacks for customers to take away.
As a manager you will be responsible for opening and closing the shop, cashing up and will be expected to work unsupervised.
Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience managing staff – full training will be provided
- Barista skills would be useful, although full training will be given
- Must be enthusiastic and interested in food and our product range
- Solution focused with the initiative to identify and solve problems independently
1 x Part Time (inc 1 weekend)
We are looking for a shop supervisor to help run the shop, serve customers, including making hot drinks for take away. You will be responsible for opening and closing the shop, cashing up and will be expected to work some shifts unsupervised.
The role is offered part time and you will be required to work at least one weekend shift. You should be passionate about food, home cooking and have an appreciation for quality produce.
Skills and qualities
- You should know your Khol Rabi from your Baron Bigod and have a good recipe to tell customers.
- Previous experience as team leader/ managing staff – full training will be provided.
- Barista skills would be useful, although full training will be given.
- Efficient, ‘can do’ attitude - there is always something to do in the shop and you should be able to get on and find it
- You should be physically fit as you will be on your feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality with an excellent memory for remembering regulars’ names, and coffee orders!
The Good Stuff
- We pay London living wage (after probationary period)
- We offer a benefits scheme
- You get 20% discount and all the stale bread and floppy veg you can carry